Resource Youth Film aims to develop and maintain a broad base of different sources of funding whilst following the guidelines suggested by the Fundraising Standards Board and the Institute of Fundraising.
We actively seek opportunities to work together with external organisations and individuals to achieve shared objectives. However it is vital that we maintain our independence and do not allow any external partnership to bring the name of Resource Youth Film into disrepute.
Resource Youth Film therefore accepts financial support from and works in partnership with companies and individuals on the following conditions:
- There are strong grounds for believing it will result in benefit to young people from the ages of 12 – 25 who are interested in film-making
- The Trustees are satisfied that no adverse publicity will result from accepting such support
- There is no attempt on the part of any company or individual to influence Resource Youth Film’s policy or actions
- That initiatives do not compromise the independent status of Resource Youth Film
Affinity marketing and product/service endorsement:
- Resource Youth Film does not endorse or approve products and services of any company. A statement to this effect will be included alongside any branding or promotion associated with products.
- Resource Youth Film will not share access to the database containing names of beneficiaries Acceptance Criteria: When deciding to accept any particular donation, Trustees have a duty to demonstrate to the Charity Commission that they have acted in the best interests of the Charity, and that association with any particular donor does not compromise Resource Youth Film’s ethical position, harm Resource Youth Film’s reputation or put future funding at risk. Resource Youth Film complies with all relevant legislation including the data protection act, money laundering rules, the bribery act; and Charity Commission.
Therefore, Resource Youth Film will not accept any of the following where the donation:
- Is known to be associated with criminal source
- Will help further the donor’s personal objectives, which conflict with those of the charity
- Will lead to possible decline in support for Resource Youth Film, and so risk a decline in resources available to fund our research
- Will otherwise significantly damage our reputation
- May harm relationships with partners, donors or stakeholders
Resource Youth Film will undertake to communicate this policy to all its stakeholders.